The Whidbey Young Professionals is currently accepting board nominations for 2022! Eligible Board nominees must currently be an active (paid) member of the WYP. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions!
The Whidbey Young Professionals has concluded it’s first year in business! We are now seeking the next generation of leaders to take on the task of bringing the WYP to the next level of success in 2022. We are seeking those with a positive mindset, eager to make the WYP and the Whidbey Island community a better place to live, work and play!
Please see below for a list of the eligible positions for nominations. If you would like to nominate someone or yourself, please complete the nomination form below.
WYP BOARD NOMINATION FORM- NOV. 2021
Nomination Period will end on Tuesday, November 30th, 2021. Following the nomination period will be a membership vote for positions.
Whidbey Young Professionals Board Positions
- The President shall preside over any meetings of the members and the Board. Providing a positive reflection of the WYP in the community.
- Shall ensure representation of the WYP at any activity where it will be in the group’s best interest to participate.
- Supervise all assets, business, and affairs of the corporation. May sign contracts and make financial disbursements in the absence of the treasurer.
- Shall manage the WYP public accounts and listings such as the website. group email address, Mailchimp account, Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin pages, as well as any other public listings.
- Vice President
- Shall assist the president in their duties, and assume the duties of the President in their absence.
- Assist in the representation of WYP within the community.
- Shall be the coordinator of the WYP Annual Meeting/Membership Party.
- Shall assist in the management of the WYP public accounts and listings such as the website. group email address, Mailchimp account, Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin pages, as well as any other public listings.
- Shall record and manage the minutes of meetings for the members, the board, and committees.
- See that all meetings are given adequate notice in advance
- Keep organization of corporate records, and contracts.
- Shall maintain an accurate record of the membership log.
- Responsible for all funds pertaining to the WYP and shall keep an accurate record of all accounts.
- Responsible for the collection of all dues.
- Pay all debts in the name of the club, and keep receipts for each transaction.
- Provide expense report details available to the board as requested.
- Shall compile an annual budget to be approved by the board.
- Director of Community Service
- Responsible for working with nonprofit organizations in the Whidbey Island community to coordinate volunteer and community service opportunities for the WYP to participate.
- Shall be responsible for coordinating any WYP sign up forms for volunteer opportunities
- Responsible for any event promotion within the WYP group regarding community partnered volunteer programs.
- Director of Social & Networking
- Responsible for ensuring regularly scheduled WYP networking and social events.
- Shall coordinate any promotions regarding the regular networking events.
- May work with a team or committee to plan and implement any special group outings or social activities for the WYP
- Responsible for any sign-up forms or further coordination as it relates to social networking.
- Director of Professional Development
- Responsible for planning regular professional development programs or events that would be beneficial for the members of WYP.
- Shall coordinate any promotions pertaining to professional development events.
- Responsible for any sign-up forms or further coordination as it relates to professional development.
Whidbey Young Professionals Membership Information can be found here:
Thank you for your interest in the Whidbey Young Professionals! Please feel free to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, and join us at our next event!